You got Mikolji’s book. Now what?
Help us promote it!
Share far and wide! Here are some options:
Pick your favorite image to share:
Or how about these text ideas:
My name is inside the new book by @Mikolji! https://www.mikolji.com/new-book/ #MikoljiBook
My name is inside the new book by @Mikolji! Check it out! https://www.mikolji.com/new-book/ #MikoljiBook
We are proud to be sponsors of the new book by @Mikolji Fishes of the Orinoco in the Wild. Get your copy. https://www.mikolji.com/new-book/ #MikoljiBook
We are proud sponsors of the new book by @Mikolji Fishes from the Orinoco in the Wild. Get it now! https://www.mikolji.com/new-book/ #MikoljiBook
“You cannot preserve something that you don’t know exists” A quote by @Mikolji, who dreams of a fair trade-off between humans and nature. He is looking to inspire awareness and love of nature, eco educate the general public, create educational programs on how to have a minimum impact on the environment, and much more. I put my name in his book. https://www.mikolji.com/new-book/ #MikoljiBook
As @Mikolji says: “You cannot preserve something that you don’t know exists” I am a patron/sponsor. Help spread the word! Get your copy today at https://www.mikolji.com/new-book/ #MikoljiBook
River explorer, speaker, filmmaker and artist, @Mikolji tirelessly documents the diversity and wonder of the world we live in. His newest book release: Fishes of the Orinoco in the Wild #mikoljibook. A fantastic compilation of 150 different species of fish with high quality photos, and key information of each one of them. Get your copy at https://www.mikolji.com/new-book/ #MikoljiBook
A few facts to share about Mikolji that you might not even know yourself!
- Mikolji’s first camera was given to him by his sister at the age of 14, whom he considers guilty of what turned out to be his fate.
- Mikolji goes into the rivers for weeks to live with the species, earn their trust and document them closely.
- Mikolji has discovered new species of flowers, plants, fish and other specimens that are part of this underwater world.
- Mikolji questions the true color of what he sees: “what is real and what is not? Everything changes depending on the point of view from where you see it”.
- One of Mikolji’s top quotes is “you cannot protect what you don’t know exists”. He’d like to make it more difficult for a person to throw garbage into a river after having seen his work.
- He says that his sister had canvas and oil paintings in a closet that she did not use. One day, the young Mikolji decided to use everything she kept and began to paint.
- Mikolji’s work can be defined as geometric abstractionism. It mainly consists of aquatic, underwater photographs, paintings and drawings. His photographic language is closely related to light and visions of the underwater world of rivers.
- There is a notable interest in Mikolji to use the best, the highest quality. Maybe therein lies his success and reach.
- Mikolji did not know that his passion was underwater photography until he met Oliver Lucanus, who asked him to take him on an expedition through the Venezuelan Amazon to make a book that he later published.
FAQs… that will surely help you!
Who is Ivan Mikolji and where does he come from?
Mikolji is a Venezuelan world-renowned explorer, researcher, audio/visual artist, and author who tirelessly documents the magnificent diversity and wonder of this beautiful region of the world.
What is Mikolji’s motivation?
The philosophy that moves his creative will is the urgency to preserve the aquatic ecosystems of the planet, and as a first step he considers it necessary to make known the richness and beauty of these biomes.
What can I find in the book Fishes of the Orinoco in the Wild?
A beautifully made catalog with 150 different species of fish from the Orinoco river in Venezuela. For each fish you will find key information about the species, location, fish & plants from the same biotope, size, pH, temperature, and more.
Or, share something about the Wild Aquarium movement
River explorer Ivan #Mikolji takes you on interesting freshwater journeys to secret locations in tropical jungles recreating the habitats of your tropical fish in an aquarium, using only natural elements found in their habitat. Find his new book at https://www.mikolji.com/new-book/ #MikoljiBook
Wild Aquarium is a movement within the fish-keeping hobby which involves visiting an aquatic habitat such as a lake, river or stream and setting up a temporal aquarium in situ with the aim of mimicking the habitats seen on the spot. For the creation of a Wild Aquarium, only materials and animals collected from the specific habitat are used and are usually returned to their original setting once complete.
Ivan’s Wild Aquarium video series started the Wild Aquarium movement. Ivan’s ingenious idea of creating an ephemeral aquarium using only the materials found around a body of water has been applauded and emulated throughout the world. Once completed, all materials are promptly returned to nature. This has encouraged people around the world to take their hobby from inside their homes to the outside world, further encouraging ecological interaction.
Some cool information about the Book you may need
Fishes of the Orinoco in the Wild
This book will take you on an underwater photographic journey through clear water streams in the Orinoco River basin, featuring over 150 species of freshwater fish. Explore the natural underwater world of Venezuela and Colombia, in the Lost World, the Amazonas inselbergs, and other remote areas in the tropical rainforests of the Guiana Shield.
View the original colors of these species when they are in their natural habitats and get valuable information of their homes, including GPS locations, pH levels, and other species that share their biotopes. Learn what their scientific names mean or stand for, interesting anecdotes, observations of fish behavior in the wild, and underwater photography tips, such as camera settings and the gear used to take each image.
You cannot preserve something that you don’t know exists, so delight your eyes with every image and have fun expanding your aquatic knowledge with every page.
The book is a fusion between nature, science, and art.
Or… share a video!